February 22, 2005

Random Thoughts

My life is getting mega-busy; a huge project at work that I absolutely, positively cannot screw up is taking up most of my time. Luckily, I had a miracle sent in today, so it looks like things may be coming to a good close.

Anyway, I have to admit - I never really read any Hunter S. Thompson. Sure, a friend of mine (Hey, Gil, if you're out there, drop me a line) recommended it, but did I? No, because - let's face it - I'm a white bread, processed, pasturized coward. If anyone has any good first starts, I'm more than willing to give him a try.

Also just finished reading Guns of the South - a great alternate history. (I'm a sucker for alternate history stories). It wouldn't lead me to read any of Turtledove's other work, but it's a great, Doctor Who-esque story, and that's all I'm going to say.

Finally, for those of you who consider yourselves pals - I'm thinking of doing an outing on my birthday (which is a Sunday). Which is preferable - bowling or dining?

No comments: