Anyway, in the month since I left my former employer, you would think I might take it easy. Lay around the house, let my beard grow, avoid hygene, wear the same t-shirt and shorts for days, and just bemoan my fate. Let's face it, procrastination was my middle name, and it says so on my driver's licence.
However, I had a chance to take an inventory this weekend - catch up on tracking all of my job-related tasks. Here now, are the averages. Believe me, I'm shocked myself:
- At least 1 - 2 resumes sent per day
- Four interviews, with one leading to a second interview
- At least one follow up note per week
- Attendance at eight separate networking forums
- Three - count 'em - three revisions of my resume (available for your inspection upon request)'
- Several heads-up about job openings before they are formally announced
As a special thank you for reading, here's a Watchman Microhero: