September 23, 2005

Whadda Week!

First, I know, I know, I haven't been here in awhile - the temp assignment I was working ended abruptly on Tuesday, and I "came in a close second" for the job that I wanted but did not get.

(Must not snark. Will not snark. Must take the high road.) If anyone has contacts in the non-profit/public health area, I'm more than willing to forward my resume.

Anyway, with a little more extra time on my hands, I'm here to catch up on blogging and, well, eat a lot of Pop-Tarts. I cruise the Net so you don't have to.

First, I would suggest celebrating Banned Books Week, and Laura gives you a head start.

Ramblin' Roger polls you on things you said yes to. Will comment later, but never say "yes" to a peanut butter and Tabasco sandwich.

He may not be Norman Fell or Jack Klugman, but Mike Sterling is "one bad mutha".

Possible spoilers: judging by Villains United # 5 and JSA Classified # 3, I'm thinking the big bad in Infinite Crisis is either Anti-Monitor or Ambush Bug. Not snark - just a cheap joke.

(Speaking of Mr. Bug, attention John Byrne - I think you should do an Ambush Bug mini-series. Seriously).

If you want to catch up on the Left Behind series, here's a one-stop summary.

Personally, would you believe that this is the greatest home video release ever announced? No, how about second greatest? Well, important to me.....

Be Careful What You Wish For Dept. - For awhile, I've been kidding my mom that Logan (my 2 year old godson), when he gets his first haircut, should get a military-style cut or a mohawk. (He has long, flowing red locks that, according to Mom, was dangerously close to becoming a mullet). Anyway, my cousin was shaving her husband's head, and left the electric shaver on the kitchen table. Being an inquisitive tyke like me, Logan decided to take the initiative and give himself a cut. However, lacking experience (since he is two years old)...well, they ended up shaving his head completely.

Finally, I wish I could find the blog where I got this poll, but here you go:

Your Seduction Style: Sweet Talker

Your seduction technique can be summed up with "charm"
You know that if you have the chance to talk to someone...
Well, you won't be talking for long! ;-)

You're great at telling potential lovers what they want to hear.
Partially, because you're a great reflective listener and good at complementing.
The other part of your formula? Focusing your conversation completely on the other person.

Your "sweet talking" ways have taken you far in romance - and in life.
You can finess your way through any difficult situation, with a smile on your face.
Speeding tickets, job interviews... bring it on! You truly live a *charmed life*


Now, it's time to cheer myself up - mostly by eating Pop Tarts and watching my favorite Python. Enjoy!

No comments: