October 28, 2005

Music & Stuff

Taking a cue from Tosy & Cosh, I think I'm going to chime on in with this meme. Play along, kids!

Favorite Beatles song: "Help!"
Desperation never sounded so exciting

Favorite solo song by a former Beatle: "Band on the Run"

Favorite Bob Dylan song: "I Want You"
Bouncy music + longing lyrics = fun

Favorite Pixies song: "Gigantic"

Favorite Prince song: "When U Were Mine"

Favorite Michael Jackson song: ?
(Not a fave)

Favorite Metallica song: "Master of Puppets"

Favorite Public Enemy song: "Bring the Noise"

Favorite Depeche Mode song: ?
Sorry, Beaucoup Kevin

Favorite Cure song: ?

Favorite song that most of your friends haven't heard: "Pretty Ballerina" by The Left Banke
Heartbreakingly pretty

Favorite Beastie Boys song: "No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn"

Favorite Police song: "Message in a Bottle"

Favorite Sex Pistols song: "Anarchy in the UK"

Favorite song from a movie: "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from Batman & Robin
In another world, it's a James Bond theme

Favorite Blondie song: "Dreaming"

Favorite Genesis song: "Land of Confusion"

Favorite Led Zeppelin song: "Dancing Days"

Favorite INXS song: "Devil Inside"

Favorite Weird Al song: "Dare to Be Stupid"
The real manifesto of the 80s

Favorite Pink Floyd song: "Not Now John"
Half screaming rocker, half Subterranean Homesick Blues

Favorite cover song: The Sonics' version of "Louie Louie"
Hell, any cover of "Louie, Louie" for that matter

Favorite dance song: "Shake Your Tailfeather" from The Blues Brothers
Happy now, Psychbloke?

Favorite U2 song: "Surrender"
That slide guitar kills

Favorite disco song: ?
never liked disco. Sorry.

Favorite The Who song: "I Can See For Miles"
A great riff, sneering lyrics, and killer drumming. Still feels like I'm hearing it for the first time when I hear it

Favorite Elton John song: "Tiny Dancer"
Reminds me of a certain someone - she knows who she is

Favorite Clash song: "Safe European Home"
Great sloppy solo and cool fake fade-out

Favorite David Bowie song: "Suffragette City"

Favorite Nirvana song: "Verse Chorus Verse"

Favorite Snoop Dogg song: ?

Favorite Ice Cube song: ?

Favorite Johnny Cash song: "I Walk the Line"
My personal credo


Favorite R.E.M. song: "Walk Unafraid"


Favorite Elvis song: "Heartbreak Hotel"


Favorite cheesy-ass country song: "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks

Favorite Billy Joel song: "Through the Long Night"


Favorite Bruce Springsteen song: "Backstreets"

Killer intro, with great dramatic movements....almost a mini-opera

Favorite Big Audio Dynamite song: "C'Mon Every Beatbox"

Favorite New Order song: "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Favorite Neil Diamond song: "Love on the Rocks".
Ok, I admit it. I like this song. Go sue me

Favorite Squeeze song: "Up the Junction"

Favorite Smiths song: "Panic"
More timely than ever

Favorite Tragically Hip Song: ?

Favorite Beach Boys song: "Don't Worry Baby"

Favorite Dave Matthews Band song ?

Favorite Dire Straits song: "Walk of Life"

Favorite Elvis Costello song: "Man Out of Time"


Favorite Guns 'N Roses song: "Welcome to the Jungle"

I loves me some sleazy rock

Favorite Jimi Hendrix song: "Burning of the Midnight Lamp"

Favorite John Mellencamp song: ?
I Hate Mellencamp. Hate him with a passion.

Favorite Living Colour song: "Cult of Personality"

Favorite Neil Young song: "Hey Hey My My"

Favorite Paul Simon song: ?

Favorite Simon & Garfunkel song: "I Am A Rock"
I like Simon and Garfunkel, but Simon's solo stuff leaves me cold - what's that about?

Favorite Queen song: "Killer Queen"


Favorite Radiohead song: "Let Down & Hanging Around"

Favorite Sting song: ?

Favorite Tracy Chapman song: "Fast Car"


Favorite Van Morrison song: "Want A Danish"

Favorite XTC song: "Life Begins At the Hop"

And for some additions:

Favorite Kinks Song: "All Day and All of the Night"

Favorite Graham Parker Song: "Discovering Japan"

In other news:

Good news - attended a Build St. Louis social last night, and met a few potential consulting clients, as well as just basic schmoozing.

Bad news - this morning, I woke up with a bad cold. Feel icky. Getting plenty of sleep, and drinking plenty of fluids.

Thankfully, I have sweatpants, a humidifier, and plenty of DVDs to keep me entertained.

No comments: