As many of you are aware, May 16th will mark the second anniversary of this blog, and I would like to celebrate. Since much of how I celebrate involves acts not suitable to describe for the youngsters out there, I thought, "Hey, what would be cool?....A contest!"
In that spirit, I am announcing the first evah "Blog THIS! Pal Graphic Novel Giveaway!", and our selection is that classic of modern graphic literature, Fun With Milk & Cheese by Evan Dorkin. I could describe it as one man's warped take on contemporary culture through the eyes of two misanthropic dairy products...but it's best described as "laugh-yourself-sick-funny". If you haven't seen these strips, you don't know what you're missing.
But wait - there's more! I'll even toss in a commemorative 2nd anniversary Mix CD! (And three second prize winners will win a Mix CD and a "special freebie", or "something that I nicked from a health fair and is taking up room which I'll never use".) Hey, free schwag for four lucky readers - sounds like a deal to me!
So, what to you have to do to win? Just send me a e-mail at "blogthispal (at) gmail (dot) com" (making appropriate corrections) with the following:
- Your favorite post(s) of the past two years (from May 16th, 2004 until May 12, 2006)
- Why you feel it's worthy of nomination
- Your name, mailing address, and credit card numbers. (Actually, I'm just kidding about the card numbers)
- All entries must be e-mailed to me no later than May 30th, and a winner will be selected the first week of June
- Any comments/postings on other blogs are out, so the infamous "JLEbay" post on Comics Should Be Good or my 5 reasons America's great for Greg's blog - don't qualify. (Gotta be fair, and since both of those were contest winners...)
- Bribes, cash gifts, and attempts to unduly influence the outcome not only welcome, but strongly encouraged.
- No pictures - photoshopped or otherwise - of Mike Sterling wearing a Speedo.