September 4, 2006

Thanks For Everything

First, a public thanks for those who (publicly and privately) expressed their condolences for the death of my father. It's going to be a little rough for awhile - however, I know that between my friends, colleagues, and other dear ones, it's going to be OK. I have a ton of catch-up to do at work; however, things will go well.

I'll have to return in October - probably Columbus Day weekend - but I plan to make a road trip rather than fly. I could use the down time, and plus, it's been awhile since I've driven extended distances anywhere that aren't work related.

So, while I'm drinking out of a mug my father received from a government agency, and will watch his favorite detective, I thought it best to acknowledge Labor Day with a cover from a "Record You Should Own" by a band my father didn't like.

Trust me - it's appropriate.

No comments: