January 27, 2007

Every Picture Tells A Story

Like everyone else, I've seen the infamous image posted on Newsarama (a larger version to be found here), and I have a few thoughts:
  • Between Blue Beetle's left knee and Black Canary's right foot, there's a little red hand. I'm not kidding. I hope it's some weird Earth 19-and-a-half version of the Atom, because if it's Ryan Choi...I'm going to have to throw down. I mean, one of the least angst-ridden, most fun heroes dead? I hope I'm misinterpreting.
  • Wasn't the Batman presented in this photo part of an Elseworlds annual? Or am I misremembering?
  • Why do I have the feeling that WWIII is simply Kingdom Come retold? (OK, that's too cynical, but even still...)
  • Finally....why do I have the feeling that there's going to be a bait-and-switch pulled with this photo?
Anyway, here's a last-minute reminder: don't forget that a major holiday is coming up. Of course, I'm talking about....

No comments: