- Cardinals - as someone who grew up with two crappy baseball teams, I am grateful that I was able to live in a city with an excellent baseball team.
- People - in many ways, St. Louis is slightly backward (which I'll post about after I'm in Chicago), but there is a neighborliness about the city, a real concern by a few select quarters. Don't believe me? Check out STL Rising. (Plus, this includes my friends, whom I'll miss dearly)
- Star Clipper Comics - quite possibly the greatest comics store in the multiverse (sorry, Mike)
- Food - Ted Drewes, Fitz's Root Beer, Toasted Ravioli, Schlafly Pale Ale...although St. Louis needs to get some decent frickin' pizza. And hot dog places. And large, artery clogging Italian beef sandwiches.
- Tivoli - Mixing old school architecture with a slightly indie vibe, this is the place to see movies.
March 13, 2007
As things begin to wind down a little bit, I'm in a slightly contemplative mood - here are the five things (other than friends and surrogate family) that I will miss about St. Louis.