Brian decided to meme me, and we all know how painful that can be. So, without further delay, here are seven things you may not know about me.
- My life shares several parallels with Bob Newhart: He and I attended the same high school and college; he became an account, and I took an accounting class; I became a psychologist, and he played one on television. There's many more similarities, but I won't go into them. (And here are some other famous alumni from my high school)
- As a child, I took Polish language and folk dancing lessons: And "folk dancing" meant that I wore a goofy blue vest, red ribbon for a tie, and puffy white and red striped pants. Those pictures were destroyed. You'll thank me later.
- I was this close to inventing Veronica Mars ten years early - In college, I wrote a screenplay and several unpublished short stories about a wisecracking, hardboiled college student whose father was a cop and whose mother was a lawyer. Had I but known, I could have sold those as spec scripts in the present.
- I once introduced John Cleese to my "old, decrepit" mother - It was for a fundraiser for this theater company. And yes, it was that John Cleese, who remarked "Decrepit is such a wonderful word"
- My last name, in Polish, means "smoker of meats" - As in "person who smokes meats over a flame" and not "person who smokes meats like cigarettes"
- I once went out for drinks with the then-script editor of Touched By an Angel - no nothing happened; get your mind out of the gutter.
- I was once in the audience for a taping of Bozo's Circus - When I was in fourth grade, my best friend's family received tickets for a taping of Bozo...and they had one extra ticket. No, I didn't play the Grand Prize game...but my friend and I hogged the camera during the ending march. Yes, I played hooky with my mom's permission, and I don't regret it. Of course, I don't know my multiplication tables, but hey, math is for losers.
No, I'm not going to tag anyone, but knowing the blogosphere, I can predict at least one person will pick this meme up.