- You know what America needs? More plate spinning on television. It's the perfect cure for the WGA strike...and I know just the guy to do it. Here's how you can help. (And Andy, check your e-mail box)
- Recently, at a Chicago bloggers' Meetup, I was introduced to Vocalo, which is a kind of blogging/podcast service for the Chicago area. Don't be too surprised if I move at least the non-Record You Should Own cast to this service.
- OK, Tony, I'll see your Stewie...and raise you Beck.
- Aside to the Coffee Junkee - just read the graphic novel 30 Days of Night, and it reads like an illustrated screenplay. It's also incredibly lame, and if the novel is any indication...it's as bad as you consider the movie to be.
- A moment of silence, since Sam the Butcher has passed. RIP, Allan Melvin.
- Happy birthday, Laura at Bloggity-Blog-Blog!
- Yes, you can learn valuable business lessons from reality tv.
- Shameless self-promotion: not only can you read the latest TV Party, but you can also discuss it here. That way, you'll provide Mike with some grist-for-his-blog quotes.
- Download and listen. Now.
- Near-twin Roger wonders what will be the legacy of George W. Bush. I've chimed in - now it's your turn.
- And finally, with stories like these, it's no wonder people are distrustful of religion. (And yes, I am working on either a podcast and/or post about the new "atheist chic"...just to foreshadow, let's just say that these are my favorite words ever written).
January 20, 2008
Yes, I know I've been away for a little bit - mostly recharging the old noggin. (Plus, here in Chicago it's colder than the collective hearts of all of my ex-paramours). However, since there hasn't been a lot that I've wanted to say, here are a few assorted items of note. Please read carefully: