March 23, 2008

Laying Several Easter Eggs

First, I wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy Easter holiday, no matter what faith tradition, or of none.

There's been a ton of stuff that I've wanted to post about - mostly on the "blogging-about-blogging-is-a-sin" tip, so consider this some really brief pieces/sticky notes that don't necessarily warrant a full blog post. Enjoy!
  • Re: the recently announced DC Trinity weekly series with Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley - do we really need another weekly series? Even catching up with Countdown at this late date, it's really not hanging together as well as 52 did (and even that was relatively spotty in the middle)...
  • For the immediate future, I'll be moving the non-Record You Should Own podcasts to my Vocalo page. It has many of good features, and more importantly - it will allow me to focus my podcasts (there's a time limit), and will provide some comic-related content which will be broadcast in the area.
  • Can someone please explain the brouhaha over Wonder Woman 18 to me? I don't see what the big deal is. Honestly.
  • Dear Mike - We really should do what Lefty Brown suggests. Come on, dude.
  • If anyone has experience integrating Share This into a Blogger Classic template, please e-mail me. I don't like the widget-y new Blogger template, but will consider a good alternative for forwarding posts (and can anyone recommend Add This?)
  • I'm looking forward to Marvel's Secret Invasion, but for all the wrong reasons.
  • Good news: had two job interviews last week. Bad news: the cushy temp assignment will soon be ending. Going to work up the enthusiasm to go all out later this morning.
  • Your better-than-you-would-expect public domain movie recommendation.
  • Reason to be cheerful: Mythbusters will be taking on the moon landing "hoax". (And don't even get me started on alleged 9/11 "conspiracies")
  • Finally, the latest TV Party is up, and it's all about The New Frontier. Enjoy!


Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to catch up on sleep. It's Sunday, you know.

No comments: