November 4, 2008

Vote! Vote! Get Off Yer Dupa and Vote!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

I know what you're thinking - gee, yet another get out the vote blog post. How clever.

But you know what? Democracy is a responsibility. Democracy only works when people actually do it.

"But George Carlin/Jerry Garcia/(name of favorite political cynic) believed voting was a waste of time". It hasn't been for over 200 years; why should we start now.

I won't tell you who to vote for - at least, not publicly, but I think you can guess my politics from who I'm leaning towards. (Big hint - it's not the guy whose VP looks and acts like my aunt Alice after several espressos, even down to the faux Fargo accent)

But right now, the stakes are too high. This is history in the making, everyone.

I promise you - no more political posts if you go out and vote. However, I will continue to make fun of Mike and Junk Fewd-contributor Andy publicly.

So please, if you haven't already - vote.

P.S. Dupa is Polish for precisely what you think it is.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

with all this postering over who is really patriotic, my sense is that VOTING is about the most patriotic thing one can do.