January 30, 2009
(The following post was originally presented in April, 1994, and resulted from a Toronto trip to see a taping of the Kids in the Hall's final season. Except for formatting, this post is being presented as it originally was - punctuation and spelling errors included. Enjoy this TARDIS-free journey into my past...)
CHAPTER 5 -- 4/2/94 SKETCHES
Same deal as last note, only I don't have the sketch names.
Also, they focus the cameras on the audience before each
show--sometimes they're used in the transitions. Look for a
guy holding up a sign which says JOHN 3:16--that's me.
1) Film--Dave plays a person who was a test tube baby.
2) The Chicken Lady (Mark) wants to ride a mechanical horsey in a mall which figures prominently in many skits
3) Film--Scott plays a gangster who hires Dave, a hit man, for a job. I won't give away the surprise ending, but it features two other Kids
4) Scott and Kevin play two old ladies who discuss a non-traditional couple's slaughtering by an axe murderer (Scott flubbed a line, and Kevin countered by doing a really funny goofy voice)
5) Film--the Tea Man (Kevin) sees a doctor (Mark),and...well, you gotta see it for Dave's role.
6) Bruce plays a man who asks his wife (Kevin) about buying a chess set, and they consult her father (Dave) in a diner.(There were a lot of flubs--Kevin Jumped around in the beginning, saying "there's a cramp in my foot", Bruce flubbed a line, responding "There's a cramp in my brain" and Dave flubbed a line, saying "We're not the real Kids in the Hall--we chloroformed them and took over their roles).
7) Film--Mark & Dave play lovers who ask each other questions
8) Mark plays a guy looking forward to eating a cookie (after this sketch, Mark yells "This sketch cost $80,000!" nobody yelled "Screw you taxpayer!")
9) Film--Buddy (Scott) eagerly awaits a mail order catalog delivery in a 50s style film
10) Bruce shines Kevin's shoes and makes some neat comments
11) Film--Mark & Dave play lovers who ask each other questions
12) Dave plays a florist who gives Mark some good advice
13) Film--Mark & Dave play lovers who ask each other questions
14) Comedian who opened show does another small set
15) Kevin tells a woman (Bruce) she has a yacky kid.Featuring Mark and Dave
16) Film--Danny (Scott) impresses his boss (Dave) with his underarm odor, which is then marketed as Husk Musk.Featuring a cameo by Gavin (Bruce)
17) Kathy (Bruce) impresses her coworkers with a story abouther fling with a dry cleaner (Mark)
END OF SHOW
All in all, a marvelous experience. And don't forget to
write if you have any questions!
Comedy BB MemRep