October 5, 2009

Today's Band of the Moment

It's times like this that I really enjoy being a comics blogger.

A few days ago, I received an e-mail from Mike from a band called the Motion Sick - a band out of (I think) Boston that sent me a few You Tube clips, thinking that I might enjoy them.

And boy, did I.

First, here's a recent number called "Aquaman's Lament", although Laura at Bloggity-Blog-Blog might appreciate it more than I do (and it does have a real good hookiness to it):



But my personal favorite is "30 Lives" - it's about videogaming, but I cannot get the chorus out of my head. Yes, there are some really cool references in the video, but just listen:



(You know, if Joss Whedon really loved us, he'd hire these guys to write the songs for the inevitable Dr. Horrible sequel.)

Luckily, they're experimenting with a pay-what-you-think-its-worth model (a la Radiohead), and in all honesty, I was offered a CD, but you know what? Music this good is worth paying for - I'm including a link to their download site, but be sure you check out their main site, friend them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter.

And finally, Jim and Greg - please be sure to feature this on your podcast.

Honestly - this is one of the best things I've heard in awhile. I should open my e-mail more often.



No comments: