December 31, 2009

Sayonara to 2009


Terry Jones - Me and He
Originally uploaded by Gordon D
Everyone seems to be doing the "decade-in-review": all I can say is that for me, the past ten years were rather lively. Recovering from a failed relationship in St. Louis, embarking on a quest to "get a life"...and then the past year, dealing with Mom's ilness/recovery. It's been a real journey (and I really dislike using the term "journey"), but I've had a lot of really good experiences.

Don't worry - I'll be doing my yearly blog review and year-in-review podcast, but one of the things that amazes me is how much I've transitioned back to living in Chicago. It's taken me a much shorter amount of time to gain friends/contacts (despite a year of unemployment)...and how much I now feel increasingly at home here.

But personal highlights....are for later. but here's one of my top ones: meeting Terry Jones of Monty Python.

Happy 2010, everyone. Just two years until David Tennant carries the Olympic Torch.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Happy New Year, Gordon. It IS a journey, however you call it.