June 9, 2011

Upcoming Fun Stuff

Spending most of my time networking and job seeking means one of two things - one, that I have learned really good time management and have been effective in performing regular tasks; the other is that, now, more importantly, it's important for me to also focus on hanging with friends and, well, having a life.

Part of it means giving up some of my other activities (I'll be decreasing my involvement with Chicago Net Tuesday), but I have some other cool things happening....and here's your chance to have a close, personal interaction with me.

  • On Saturday, June 18th, I'll be bringing some comics over to Third Coast (see the photo for the address) as part of the Chicago Nerd Social Club's Comic Donation Drive. I will more than likely be there between 5:30 and 7:00 pm, not only to attend the Comic Meetup in a timely manner, but also provide a great opportunity for me to barely miss my Comic Related colleague, Decapitated Dan Royer.
  • Speaking of Comic Related, be sure to check out tomorrow's Zone 4 Podcast. Like last week's episode, I was honored to be asked to co-host; this week's show will be all about the DC reboot/reshuffle/brouhaha. It was a great show, and allowed me to, well, basically do more of what I do on this blog. Only live and with other people.
  • I'll also be putting on a session at Learnapalooza, a day-long festival of learning held in Wicker Park on June 25th. (I'll be attending an orientation this weekend). I'll be doing an expanded - and updated - version of a presentation I did years ago. (I'll also cover online communication in this presentation as well) Further details are forthcoming, and will be on the blog, but please plan to come on out - even if you don't see me, there's plenty of cool sessions to attend. 
  • Finally, as many of you know, I am now a semi-contributor to the Baker Street Blog, helping me build my media empire one piece at a time. My most recent piece are some expanded thoughts on one of my favorite neo-Holmes movies:

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments: