November 1, 2011

Your Neighborhood Bakery Moment of Awesome


This picture was taken at 6:30 am on a Sunday morning - it's a new-ish bakery that just opened up a few blocks from home.

I'm posting this because I'm a little tapped out blog-wise: been busy with freelance work, as well as an impending sense of dread about the holidays.

(Note - last year, while everyone else was gearing up for Christmas, including various items to surprise pals, I was fighting my mom's doctors about her care while she was in the hospital. So if I seem a little cynical and/or reluctant to get into the holiday spirit, let me just say that it's going to be a little tougher for me this year, as I'm feeling slightly more misanthropic than I have in past years. But please feel free to coordinate your let's-cheer-Gordon-up efforts. In fact, I welcome them, but know they won't be happening).

Still, I think this is a really cool photo, and wanted to share it. More stuff to come.