February 3, 2012

A Candidate for Elevation

First, an important announcement - this past Tuesday, I submitted the last pages of a script for a comic.

That's right - I've submitted a 22 page script (that's more like 60-some pages for 22 drawn pages) for a webcomic out of a studio in Brazil. It's a revival of a public domain comic character, and once there's a link, I'll share it. So now, I actually can kinda sorta call myself a comic writer, and I have Ron Fortier to thank.

But besides that, I've also been busy seeking both full time and other freelance work - in fact, I wrote this week's Job Stalker post about that very subject. If you would like to network with me professionally, you are more than welcome to connect via LinkedIn (just be sure to please not use their boilerplate cover message, and let me know you're connecting via the blog). In addition, my portfolio can be located at http://www.gordondymowski.com (and links can be found on the sidebar).

One of the benefits of writing for Chicago Now is that I was invited to a taping of Chicago Live!, a show created by the Chicago Tribune and recorded near Second City. (Yes, there will be several SC posts coming in the next few weeks! In fact, I was even given a mention by Trib Nation.

Finally, you might want to check out this week's edition of Zone 4. I was a little under the weather, so Brant and Ron didn't have to deal with my occasional bursts of obnoxiousness. 

Thanks, and don't forget to RSVP for February 28th - here's the link!



No comments: