March 17, 2012

My Self-Absorbed Comic-Related Week



Yes, it's the end of the week, and the middle of the month, and that means only one thing - my latest column for Comic Related. Yes, while the rest of the world indulges in an unhealthy interest in both Pinterest and Kony 2012, I urge you to see this movie. Trust me, it is that good.

Recently had a chance to check out the Chicago Flower & Garden Show via my pals at Chicago Now - and yes, I have a Job Stalker post up and running. Granted, it's a link dump, but then again, cleaning out my Firefox bookmarks and Evernote files can often lead to better things - helps clear out the old mental cobwebs and spurs my further creativity.

And while you're giving the latest episode of Zone 4 a listen (where we talk to the mighty Decapitated Dan about the genius of Dan Con), please feel free to check me out on the most recent episodes of our successful web comic. (That's right, I'm some kind of time traveling eccentric, because God knows, no one would ever think I would have any interest in that kind of thing). The one thing I like about Andrew Law's art - he makes me look halfway decent.

I don't think I have ever been this skinny in my entire life. But then again, that is the power of Zone 4.

Finally - don't know when the Wonder Man web comic is due to be released (they're still doing the art, and that's a good sign - I would rather have great art done well than Liefeld-esque art rushed through), but the company is Excelsior Webcomics, and the idea is to show some sample pages on the site and allow you, the reader, to order via IndyPlanet. I'll let you guys know, and quite honestly - I think you'll like my work. It's probably the only book in 2012 that guarantees equal measures neo-Buddhist thought and robot punching.

No comments: