May 25, 2012

Kickstarting My Summer

First, this has been a heck of a week - attended a networking gathering on Wednesday (won't name it publicly, but will definitely share details privately); ended up feeling treated less than respectfully - not constructive criticism, but more of an I-know-more-than-you-do-without-knowing-you-vibe.

Of course, I wanted to throw my participation in the upcoming Chicago COUNTS conference on June 9th, and Learnapalooza on June 16th, but didn't want to tarnish this particular person's obnoxiousness. Suffice it to say, I'm moving on. Besides, I'm looking for a few good people to help me in reviving the Chicago Nerd Social Club, more specifically with blogging - if interested, please fill out the form at http://bit.ly/ChiNerdBlog

(Also, I'm going to be organizing a networking breakfast for geeks - more details will be forthcoming, especially since I'm pledging to use my time more wisely)

After all, I have one short-term work contract coming in, and waiting on another work contract to arrive. So hopefully, that will mean some regular income while I attempt to find an artist, colorist, and inker for my Zone 4 story. And speaking of which, we recently focused on the Kickstarter platform on the podcast - it's a very lively conversation which you should hear. Honestly. You'll thank me later.

No comments: