September 30, 2012

At Last, THE ANGELS TAKE MANHATTAN


So after all the hype, all the publicity, it's come down to this....and I can only say (with the risk of hyperbole) that this is probably the most moving companion departure in the entire new series.

I really can't - and don't - want to spoil this (even though, in all fairness, I might be in the right since the episode has gone out), but it's a very moving, spooky, disquieting episode. Angels Take Manhattan has some really great, creepy moments....as well as a slight fake-out and a well-intentioned callback to "The Eleventh Hour".

Can't really say any more without nitpicking and quibbling, but I will say - I think this is probably one of the best justifications for the split season. And I prefer full 13 episode seasons.

And so, onto December....

No comments: