November 27, 2012

Help Me Get Hired!

As many of you know, I've been at various states of unemployment in the past few years. Mostly, I've been able to stay afloat via freelance work, and have also been applying to various positions and networking.

With Mom's recent move, I've been out of commission for the past few months, and now need to focus on finding freelance and/or full time work. Although I'll be doing the usual activities (networking, checking out job sites, etc), I thought I would take advantage of my social media presence and expand my networking efforts to say, "Hey, I'm looking - please help me get hired!"

(Others take the strategy of "please hire me", but I'm well aware through other blogging efforts that doing so is not always wise...but I am willing to "put myself out there").

So here are the fields/places where I'm interested in working:
  • Non-Profits - yes, I have an extensive background in working with non-profits as a program administrator/director. I'm always open to opportunities in that regard.
  • Social Media/Marketing - Ironically, my past efforts have helped me build skills in marketing, especially "guerrilla"-style tactics. I'm not limiting myself to just social media, but I think I have enough of a background where I could really be a good fit.
  • Comics/Pop Culture - Obviously, my writing for Comic Related and this blog give me a great background in being able to talk to these issues. If I were doing marketing and/or consulting for a particular publisher/company....well, I wouldn't complain.
So let me make this offer to you, dear reader - you can check out my Linked In Profile at http://linkd.in/gordondym (and you're more than welcome to tweet it as well). You'll see that I know my stuff - all I ask is that if you know someone, or have a lead - please feel free to let me know. I'm not asking to be hired, or even for freebies: my past work search efforts have resulted through networking, and this blog post is a way for me to cast a very wide net, and hopefully reach out to people who know me through this blog.  

At the very least, it's a great way for me to demonstrate my writing skills. 

No comments: