Let's see...first, the writing career's going to an OK start: still working on a draft story with an open deadline, have submitted proofs for two potential publications (more news as I hear it). Working on acquiring work, and am building a Word Press site to show off my professional portfolio. (As a result, I'm considering turning the personal site into highlighting more of my creative efforts). But besides those efforts, here is the usual list of weekly highlights:
- As you can see above, I was recently featured as part of NetSquared's efforts to recruit new organizers. Although I stepped down from Chicago Net Tuesday earlier this year, it's cool to see that my past efforts are greatly appreciated.
- Please give a listen to last week's episode of the Zone 4 podcast - we're reviewing issues 3 and 4 of Mark Millar's Starlight, and there's very little snark at my end;
- Don't forget - Chicago Nerd Social Club presents Doctor Who 101 on July 19th;
- Some Sherlock Series 4 predictions via I Hear of Sherlock; and
- Some light reading via Chicago Now.
Should have some publication news shortly, otherwise....keep calm and drink more coffee.