I'm one of them.
But I've been working hard to try to get more work - I have a little freelance work, but the nature of it is that it's short-term by nature. So I'm always seeking work, even to the point of having to endure well-intentioned, but faulty, advice, including:
- You Need To Send Your Resume To A Bunch of People - or "spray and pray"? Not really a good idea.
- Customize Your Resume To Each Job - that I can do, but still lack of response.
- Be Aggressive In Follow Up - When I follow up with potential employers, I either get the calming chirping of crickets....or the abrupt "We'll call you if we need you."
- Why Not Start Your Own Business? - Well, I am doing that, but it also means spending time collecting from deadbeat clients, dealing with the usual "we've gone with a more junior candidate", etc. I'm willing...and that's my purpose in writing today's post
Yes, just check out and forward the link http://linkd.in/gordondym...and if you know a small business, a comics/publishing company, or someone who can use a whip-smart online communications consultant, make the introduction!
Here's what I'm bringing to the table:
- Experience not just in social media, but also public relations, online marketing, and copywriting
- Knowledge of nonprofits, social enterprise, and small business marketing needs
- A strong, dedicated work ethic geared towards delivering positive results, and
- Dedication to thoroughness, honesty, and diligence
Thanks for reading - and for your help!