December 30, 2004

Paying It Forward!

I have eight - count 'em, eight - Gmail invitations, and I would like to give them to some deserving individual or organization. (Thanks to The Comic Treadmill for inviting me in the first place)

However, I don't want to just hand them off to people for a bribe, or a quick look at my blog, so I'm going to sponsor my own contest. (I tried donating them to Gmail4Troops, but they're not taking donations at this time)

All you have to do is, in 30 words or less, explain why you need a Gmail account, or (conversely) any site/organization that needs an e-mail address. (I have already donated one to a small community organization whose board I serve on...so, right now, I'm more interested in an e-mail going to someone who needs it, rather than someone who wants to be "in the know."

If you can send it to me at the following e-mail address: gordondym (at) eml dot cc by Thursday, January 6th, at 5:00 pm CST, the first eight people to do so get it. I can't think of anyone who doesn't qualify - however, if someone shames me into donating one of them to a worthy cause, I'm more than willing to do so.

No comments: