March 29, 2005

Travellin' Man

First, just finished watching the last DVD in Farscape, season 3, and all I gotta say is...dude, you have to watch Farscape, which is the closest this country will ever come to producing Blake's Seven.

Anyway, the past 48 hours have seen me covering a lot of territory due to work - yesterday took me through lovely, scenic Franklin County. For those who haven't been following the news, Franklin County is # 3 in the state of Missouri for meth busts. (Click here for the number one county). Right now, working with Franklin County is like rehabbing a tin shack into the Playboy mansion, and I mean that in a good way. There's some social service infrastructure being developed, and right now, the time is right to help develop some cool community programs.

(You have to love a blog that moves from comic reviews to "social service infrastructure". Is there some kind of award for that?)

Thanks to our local rental car place, I drove a world class pimpmobile, er, I mean, "classy auto" to Columbia for a training/brainstorming session on...well, that would be telling. For my Missouri readers (all four or five of you), be sure to check the news in the next few months. It's going to be interesting. One of these days, I'll have to take a road trip, if only because Mizzou's library has a collection of writings from the creator of Doc Savage. Sounds dull, but to a pop culture geek like me/Doc-fan-since-childhood, it's heaven.

I've also decided, for the time being - unless someone memes me, no more memes. Nothing major - just need to be a little bit more creative on my own. And if you want to see that as a challenge or cry for attention, well, I can't stop you, now, can I?

(Don't mind me - tired, road weary, and cranky. Sleep will help cure that).

Finally, read Fred Hembeck's blog about Andy Williams, and all I have to say in response is'
  1. "Can't Get Used to Losing You" is a cool-as-heck song; and
  2. it cuts both ways - the English Beat did a great version of the above song; however, twangy guitars are no substitute for lightly plucked violins

No comments: