May 31, 2005

Memorial Day Lessons

You know, this past weekend was a mixture of rest, relaxation, finishing some outside-of-the-office work, and job searching. However, there were a few lessons that I learned this weekend, and as a public service, I'm sharing them with you:
  • No matter how much CSI I watch, there is no chance I will master the science behind crime scene investigations...although I would dig the chance to pursue a career in forensic psychology.

  • Is there ever such a thing as too much sleep? I doubt it.

  • Recent experiences have me convinced that these Replacements lyrics are more true than I would expect:
    The ones who love us best are the ones we'll lay to rest
    And visit their graves on holidays at best
    The ones who love us least are the ones we'll die to please
  • Getting my geek on: even though it's clunky and old-fashioned, Calypso is the best e-mail client I can use. Although I use Thunderbird for other accounts, it keeps crashing on me.

  • Thanks to Boing Boing, we now know what William Shatner smells like.

  • Speaking of James Spader, one movie that has entered my "overrated" list is 2002's Secretary. Although the director wanted this to be My Beautiful Launderette for sadomasochism, the only way that would happen is if Launderette starred Buddy Cole, Blaine Edwards, and Antoine Merriweather. (If I were into sadomasochism, I would be insulted by Secretary). Trust me, if you haven't seen this movie, don't. You'll thank me for it later
Just a note for my fellow Mixed Bag participants - I'll start burning CDs and mailing this week, and if you're lucky, you may get a really special bonus track. Plus, I'll try to post the track list some time this week (although it will be included with the disc)

No comments: