- Thankfully, I was able to catch The Parting of the Ways, the "final" episode of Doctor Who 2005. (Sorry, Brian, but the disc you gave me didn't work. All I gotta say is...wow. And bring on David Tennant.
- Coolest present I received: Season 3 of Kids in the Hall on DVD.
- Second coolest present: a special on some childhood tv favorites.
- My uncle gave me this book - think he's trying to tell me something
- One literary character I want to see as a comic.
- Before heading out, I watched Stuart Saves His Family, and have come to the conclusion that it should become mandatory viewing every Christmas. Not just because of Vincent D'Onofrio, or it features Al Franken before he became a finger-pointing bad liberal comedian. It contains plenty of good examples of codependency/Al-Anon issues (I have even used it when working with clients), and has a great bittersweet tone, especially since it's one of those SNL-skits-turned-movies that got lost in the shuffle. It also shows that Harold Ramis movies, like Star Trek films, vary in quality.
- Aside to a regular reader - just saw The Untouchables, and Sean Connery - in that critical church scene - says:
"he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue"That's right - one. Not two. I checked the captions. I'm right.
- My godson rocks. He can say my name, and he thinks I'm cool.
December 26, 2005
Yes, the presents are unwrappped, the roasted chestnuts have been chowed down...and plans are afoot for New Year's Eve. Just a few remarks to entertain and show joy:
From Gordon D at 8:20 PM