March 11, 2006

Referral Log Fun

First, everyone, if you haven't checked it out already, be sure to sign up for Lefty Brown's Mixed Bag CD Exchange and Fish Fry. (Hey, it's Lent, I needed to make that joke). Reviews of Greg's CD exchange participants are forthcoming (especially since I received Roger's disc in the mail yesterday).

Also, in comic-related news, I've been digging two self-purchased birthday presents - Sandman Mystery Theater: The Vamp and Showcase Featuring the Justice League. I've discussed my love of the former series, and in the soon-to-be-post-Infinite-Crisis universe, I hope that it does not become a casualty. Having never read the initial JLA stories of the 1960s, all I have to say is - it's the equivalent of LSD for superhero fans. Yes, the writing can be a bit stiff at time, and I'm not a big fan of Mike Sekowsky's art, but you know what? These stories still work as history in the making.

And now, for a semi-regular feature (read: when I can't think of anything else to write) of this blog - I make snarky comments about my referral logs. Enjoy!

my old man's a refrigerator repairman: This is the number one reference from the past few months, and relates to this post. Someone please e-mail either Rhino and/or Shout Factory to release a Volume Two of Sibling Revelry

quentin waffles detergent: when I want to get my clothes as clean as they can be, I use Quentin Waffles Detergent, now with lemon-fresh borax!

"free planner pages": head here.

big tempin blog: good thing about being employed: don't have to worry about temp work. Bad thing about being employed - they actually expect you to, like, show up and be productive and stuff.

boston legal blog: basically consists of two words: Denny Crain

Coloring pages of Sleepovers/jacqueline Wilson
: This is wrong on so many levels.

will pfeiffer
: - when will people learn that he has his own blog?

why does jay mohr hate rob schneider
- your point being?

tammy faye baker-nude
: Again, this is wrong on so many levels.

ease my confusion
: Attend the Zombie Killer's March 18th event and all will be explained.

lyrics to the suicide song doctor demento: In all seriousness, if you're feeling suicidal, there are plenty of resources, like the Samaritans. Even if I wanted to, I don't kid about that.

normal working week at JLA laundry: I see London, I see France, I see Booster Gold's underpants

random facts about Bruce Lee: Dorian has converted me - Bruce Lee no, Wildcat yes.

dr. who/lost in space crossover fanfiction: Here is a shameful secret - I once participated in this. No, I will not post it. It's not my proudest hour.

plagiarism is fun - not if you're the guy being plagiarized. Besides, it would look funny if I went from being the clean air dude to a professional entertainer, just as an example.

And a hearty thanks to Dorian, who because of this meme, has tripled the number of visitors to my blog....and here are the runners-up.

Actual content to follow.

No comments: