September 10, 2006

Remix, Remodel, Remaster

Sometimes, it's hard to be a fanboy.

Take the whole issue about the "newly remastered Star Trek" - between that and fan films, you would think that other Trekkers/Trekkies would be happy, but noooooooo, in the words of John Belushi. People are chiming in, stating that redoing the special effects, remastering the film in high definition, and redoing the music somehow "denigrates the integrity" of Trek.

Well, redoing music and effects hasn't hurt Doctor Who DVD sales any, that's for sure. In fact, the only thing I see compromising the integrity of Trek is Ain't It Cool News stealing the footage from the official Trek site, stamping its logo on it, and claiming it as an exclusive. I should try that with, oh, I don't know, posts from someone else's blog, and see how far it gets me.

Uh-huh, didn't think so.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel like my fellow blogging brethren - some of us need some serious chill time. Take a breath, have a mental margarita, and realize that some things are just not worth it. (For the record, never cared for Transformers. My godson's father loves them. We get along easily. It's that simple). Quite simply - nobody expected these things to last forever, so why not give them a polish, and let the chips fall where they may. It's not important who shot first (whether it was Greedo, Han Solo, or Artemus Gordon) - all that matters is that, no matter what version you like, you'll end up spending the money for it anyway.

So, while you're contemplating that, why not consider...oh, I don't know, participating in a cd exchange? You'll thank me later.

No comments: