Other than that, I'll be OK.
Anyway, Roger tagged me for a meme, and since the directions on these are more confusing than trying to drive in Los Angeles, please bear with me.
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
I don't like tagging people, but...oh, well...
I was finishing up my master's practicum, involved in a long-distance relationship (in fact, I think it was 10 years ago this month when my then-girlfriend came to visit), and living large in Rogers Park. I was also doing stand up comedy at the No Exit Cafe...and I sucked. I sucked harder than Lindsey Lohan after a few lines of coke.
(I'm sorry, that was in poor taste, but at least it will get me a PG Rating)
What were you doing one year ago?
Working as a Program Director, gearing up for a massive community night out...and worrying about my father's health. Within four weeks, the night out was a success (no thanks to my staff and director, but more on that in another post), my father had a triple bypass, and things were...shaky, at best.
Five snacks you enjoy.
- Green seedless grapes
- Cool Ranch Doritos
- Caramel and cheese popcorn mixed together
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
- My Generation by the Who - I listened to this first album endlessly in high school.
- Help! by the Beatles - of course, I also watched this movie (and A Hard Day's Night) repeatedly as a child. Curse you, 3:30 pm movie on Channel 7!)
- Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones
- I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash - curse you, Mae, who was my mom's best friend who was obsessed with Johnny Cash so much she had a life-sized cardboard replica in her apartment!
- Tears on My Pillow by Little Anthony & The Imperials
Five things you like doing
- Movies - I hate going to multiplexes, but even still, there's something magical about seeing a movie on the big screen
- Finding new, hip places to hang out - yes, for a brief time, I was a club rat, but my tastes have expanded to coffee shops, bistros, etc
- Dining Out - in fact, my new favorite show here in Chicago features Chicago restaurants
- Watching basketball - I used to play religiously when I was younger, despite my size; however, my knees prevent me from doing more than cheering on the Bulls
Five things you would never wear again.
- A green parka with orange lining, or a parka/anorak
- Muscle shirts
- Socks with shorts
- My Kids in the Hall t-shirt (it's a collector's item)
- Knit hats