This has been an extremely tough week, so since things are starting to settle down, I thought I would do my usual random link blogging.
- No, I did not watch Pushing Daisies, because from the commercials, it contains Barry Sonnenfeld's usual look-how-quirky-we-are style. Plus, I hate what he did to Wild, Wild West.
- Caught the Bionic Woman premiere last week, and it was...well, dull. I give it three episodes before they start "showing skin", if you know what I mean.
- If you ever get teased for liking comics, or for taking them "too seriously", show the accuser Air Guitar Nation. Now these are people with no sense of irony.
- And now, an announcement - later this month, I will be writing a tv and dvd related review column for Comic Related. I'll give all of you the details later, but for now, a public thank you to Chris Mosby for featuring this on his blog.
- I would be sorely tempted to tease Greg about Arizona and the Cubs being in the playoffs, but since Phoenix consists mainly of transplanted Chicagoans....and it is the Cubs....Greg has the high ground on this one.
- Profound Thought of the Day: Deal or No Deal is simply Jeopardy for dumb people.
- Watching Doctor Who: Survival - besides it being one of the better DVD releases - has proven one thing, to be blogged about later. That fact, ladies and gentlemen, is that former script editor Andrew Cartmel can be just as annoying as Terrance Dicks.
- Thanks to Tom the Dog, I now realize I am no longer alone in hating the Spader love fest that is Boston Legal