December 14, 2007

Read This Blog - Get Free Stuff!


really big hypno kitty
Originally uploaded by Gordon D
You know, I am grateful that this blog has a small audience. So much so that I wish I could reward you in some small way...

...and now, I can get my wish.

For my friends, I put together a PDF 2008 Calendar, easily printable on regular white paper, and consisting of various personal photos. Some are electronically manipulated, some have wacky captions. (The photo of my cat is an example; however, that photo is not part of the calendar).

So how do you get your hands on a copy, you may be asking yourself? Well, please feel free to e-mail me at blogthispal (at) gmail (dot) com [making the appropriate substitutions] with the word CALENDAR in the subject, and I'll e-mail it to you. (It's about 2 MB in size - and my regular blog pals, please let me know if you want a copy. I would normally go ahead and send it; I just don't want to flood people's mail boxes with it).

In addition, if you have a blog, please feel free to link to this note, and I'll send you a calendar. (You are also welcome to request a copy in the comments, but please note - for some people, like Roger, I have e-mail addresses. For others, not so much). Yes, it's a cheap way of driving up traffic, but let's face it - isn't it worth it?

And finally, if you're looking for some cool free (and free with paid bonuses) tools, let me link you up to some places that can help you make 2008 even more productive! (Or, at the very least, so productive that you have more time to spend on the Internet).

(NOTE: Many of these are free - there is one where I am an affiliate, and will mention it towards the end. This is not a paid advertisement for any of these services. Your mileage may vary).

One good place to great free planning materials is DIY Planner - they have open source templates, as well as other cool tips and tricks.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a mixture of tech and general life enhancers, you can't go wrong than to visit Lifehacker.

If you ever saw my workspace, you will soon learn that am obsessed with sticky notes, and I frequently use AT Notes to put electronic "stickies" on my desktop and laptop screen. You can do alarms, make them transparent, and all sorts of other stuff.

Need an online to-do reminder list? Then check out Remember the Milk. (It's free, and you can get a "paid" version with some further bells and whistles). I use it to keep track of the various and sundry things that I need to do...and you can also get widgets for various sites, like Google Calendar...

...or my favorite home page, Netvibes. You can use it as a feed reader, e-mail checker) a podcast listening post, torrent guide, and is a great all-in-one site. (You are able, through registering, to keep your settings so that you don't have to reset everything). You can even get "universes" with plenty of feeds and links. It's an organized geek's dream!

Finally, if you're looking to set up multiple tasks, and need an easy, e-mailable way to do it, try Backpackit.com. You can upload files, forward e-mails, and have everything for key projects in one nice, easy to access place. There's a basic free version - I am an "affiliate" (just click on the image below to find out more).

Now, understandably, I've just thrown a lot at you...but keep in mind, all but one of the above are free. And no matter what, you are more than welcome to link and/or e-mail me, and you keep the free calendar. (And like I stated before, I am not receiving any benefits from all but one of the above recommendations - I'm hoping that I'm not throwing my credibility away. At least, what little there is of it).

Thanks for reading, and I promise - more comics/book/DVD reviews in the near future!

Backpack: Get Organized and Collaborate

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

You keep up with that stuff WAY better than I. I probably signed up with Remember the Milk after reading you write about it. Used irt, liked it, then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Oh, and sure, I'd love the calendar. Thanks for that, too.