So, taking a slight cue from near twin Roger, I am posting 10 random facts about myself - mostly because, well, I could use a little bit of a break from my usual posting style.
So without further adieu, here are 10 facts which you may - or may not - know about me:
- My last name - in Polish - means "smoker of meats", as in "person who smokes meats over a flame" and not "person who smokes meats like tobacco."
- My grandmother, due to her maiden name, once had me believing that we were related to Steve Allen. That's right, Steve Allen.
- In the mid 1990s, I was very involved in writing several fan fiction Doctor Who round robins. If this doesn't say geek, I don't know what does.
- Here are all the other distinguished people who went to the same high school that I did.
- In college, I wrote a hard boiled mystery based screenplay about a college student who's the son of a private detective. No, that's not a great premise for a television series, is it?
- Speaking of Doctor Who, I have in my possession an autographed copy of Mawdryn Undead - autographed by Peter Davison and Nicholas Courtney. I also own a signed paperback of Earthshock by Ian Marter just months before he passed on.
- In my life, I have only had about three serious dating/intimate relationships. Usually, I end up wildly infatuated, but stuck "in the friend zone". However, for some reason, I find women taking the initiative in flirting with me. I only wish I had this mojo in my 20s.
- I learned to drive in a 1975 Ford Maverick. The only way to describe it is to try to force yourself to lay down comfortably in a small laundry basket.
- My first comic...well, this is tricky, because I have three different memories, and am not sure which came first: getting a copy of Superman featuring the Galactic Golem out of the old-fashioned comic machines; purchasing a coverless copy of X-Men # 35 (Or "Along Came a Spider"; and an 80 page Batman SuperSpectular with Wildcat, Blackhawk, and others on the cover.
- As a child, I once attended a taping of Bozo's Circus, and got in trouble with my grammar school because my mother informed them that I was missing school...to be on Bozo's Circus
And now, because you've been good, a music video: