And now, some small items of interest:
- There's a new TV Party column up at Comic Related, and I really have to thank Chuck for getting me a press pass. Now, if there's anyone who's on the planning committee for Gallifrey 2009 who wants to shell out for me live blogging (and a friend or two to be disclosed later), please let me know.
- For my employers and fellow co-workers: despite the fact that one of the top 5 search phrases for this blog is "ways to kill time at work", I would never condone using the Internet for personal reasons. And yes, I am watching episodes of Ironside on Hulu for professional research purposes.
- After reading Sebastian Faulks' Devil May Care, I'm unsure if it's just an uneven pastiche of Ian Fleming...or a step above fan fiction.
- Some think the upcoming Watchmen movie will be awesome - some will be just ok with it. Watch the trailer and judge for yourself.
- Speaking of which...I came under some slight criticism (if you can call being called an "idiot" and accused of parroting a film instructor slight) on another Internet forum due to this post on His Girl Friday. I say this just to provide some perspective - this is definitely not an academic or scholarly view of film. If you want to insult me, either do it via e-mail, or the comments section of this blog....or even to my face. If you respect me, I won't make some snide remark about how it's nice that the Ain't It Cool forum denizens now have some "book larnin" under their belt. Seriously. Get over it.
- Does anyone know if there's a list of comic-related non-profits like the Hero Initiative and the Hero Foundry? I have a blog-related idea to help such organizations, and would appreciate any help.
- New favorite online toy. Click on "timeline" and watch what happens.
- Be sure to catch the next installment of Radio Free Skaro, as episode 92 of the plucky little podcast will discuss my second favorite Doctor Who story, quite by accident.
- Finally...next week there'll be a post previewing August's Record You Should Own (which will, hopefully, be on a new podcast host). Here's a video previewing October, because you can never have too much Captain Sensible: