November 1, 2009

5 Reasons I'm Doing NaBloPoMo Instead of Nanwrimo This Year

(Portrait taken by Kring Lerner at the October Twestival in Chicago)

You know, I have to admit that I've been relatively inconsistent in blogging regularly - mostly, I've been overscheduling myself. Although I considered doing Nanowrimo again this year, thanks to a timely intervention (as well as a need to earn my blogger stripes), taking my cue from another, better blog - here are five reasons why I'm posting 30 blog posts in 30 days:

  1. Many bloggers I respect do this on a daily basis: If bloggers that I like and respect such as Roger, Mike, Rich, Siskoid, and a cute little stuffed bull named Bully can blog daily, then gosh darn it, so can I! (And if you're a close personal friend who blogs daily whose name I failed to mention, my apologies).
  2. Easily avoids libel suits - Because let's face it, if I'm going to write a novel, people are more than likely to believe that I'm basing characters on them. Especially if I write about a dashing, handsome young troubleshooter named Norman Pynorowski.
  3. It's relatively easy to do with little time commitment - in short, thanks to being able to schedule blog posts, I should be able to do 30 in 30. And if I'm doing a novel, quite frankly, it's much more time intensive.
  4. I can "repurpose" old material - all those old ideas that I have in my Moleskine notebook can actually be written...and I can follow up on old posts. Including a "lost" post that will make its debut in the next day or so.
  5. I need the bump in traffic - in short, this (hopefully) should build up web traffic, because if there's anything this blog needs, is more readers. At least, more readers whom I can acquire without using naughty words in blog post titles.
So for the next month, it's all on me. Place your bets now, folks, because at the end of the month, you may come into a little extra spending cash for Christmas.....

No comments: