July 30, 2010

Chicago August Weekend Fun-O-Ganza

OK, I know, the titles are a little obvious, but there's some cool things happening in August that I'll be attending....and if you're in the area, you're more than welcome to check out.

(By the way, these are unsolicited testimonials, but I do have vested interest in both).

First, given that I haven't been to a decent cookout since I lived in St. Louis, I'll be planning on attending the Eating with Pictures fundraiser at Challengers Comics on August 7th. It's for Reading with Pictures, an organization I've blogged about in the past, and there will be plenty of grilled foods. So come, and thanks to the crew at Comic Related for the heads-up.

Secondly, on August 15th, I'll be heading to IIT to attend Social Dev Camp Chicago, which focuses on the social web and...well, there's just tons of cool stuff. It's co-chaired by Close, Personal Friend® Tim Courtney and Personal Archnemesis® Andy Angelos, and will more than likely prove to be informative, illuminating, and just plain swell.

Plus, if you come, you'll see that there's a lot less of me to love. Really. Lost 40 pounds since April 25.

So what are you waiting for?

No comments: