August 14, 2011

Self-Promotion Sunday

While I'm recovering from Wizard World (which amazingly reached a high level of mediocrity - watch for an upcoming blog post!), I thought I would go ahead and talk about some events and happenings which I'm involved with, and which I hope Chicago-area readers of this blog (or, at the very least, other readers can share with their Chicago pals) will be interested in promoting and/or attending.

First, as many of you know, I've been job seeking, and have actually taken the first step to trying to gain some non-profit/small business consulting clients. So on Thursday, September 1st at 5:30 pm, I'll be putting on a presentation around using Twitter and Facebook - more specifically, once you establish accounts for your business, how do you actually use them in a smart, strategic way. The "Next Steps" session will be held at Newberry Library, located 60 W. Walton. There is a small cost which covers rental of the room and materials - for more information and to RSVP, please visit http://nextsteps0901111.eventbrite.com.

On a less professional - but more fun - note, I'll also be putting on another Doctor Who 101 event for Chicago Nerd Social Club. (Yes, I know it's the Chicago Net Tuesday meeting, but I need a break from that. Life can't be all saving-the-world). We'll be meeting on Tuesday, September 13th at 7:00 pm at Wormhole Coffee, located at 1462 N. Milwaukee (just a brief walk from the Blue line stop). It'll be fun, and you might learn something. I know I will.

And if you're not tired of me saying this repeatedly - Chicago Red Cross' Mission: Red experience auction will be held on Friday, September 16th at the Hard Rock Hotel at 230 N. Michigan. You can order tickets at http://bit.ly/MissionRedTix, and please follow us on Facebook.

Thanks, and hope to see you at one of these events.

1 comment:

buy aion account said...

 I'm starting to like the new found craziness in here. Haha. Great feed for my fellas.