July 22, 2012

A Fast and Furious Week

This has been a very busy week for me, with another Chicago Geek Breakfast under my belt; a successful double bill of Doctor Who 101 and Sherlock Holmes & Social Media at Learnapalooza (and which has led me to realize that I need to upgrade the Holmes presentation - it was better attended); and a Thursday evening gathering of old high school friends. In short, I needed plenty of napping to recover, and thankfully, this coming week will be relatively calmer and more serene.

Personal highlight from this past week was attending the Idea Potluck, an event much like TED where people muse about a variety of topics. Although I did not muse (I was there for the networking), I have to say that in a town with plenty of hand-off-your-business-cards-and-schmooze events, this is a great, much more rewarding experience. Definitely going to try to make it in August (which is already looking pretty full, but in a good way).

So this week, I have a Job Stalker entry that aggressively courts controversy (and if you live in the Chicago area, we could always use another blogger); a Comic Related column about how a dying genre really isn't; and a Zone 4 episode about San Diego Comic Con.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments: