November 14, 2012

Go. Watch. Now: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - BLOOD & CHROME

Normally, I'm not a big fan of prequels - most of the time, they tend to lack a certain creative spark, and some dramatic tension is lost. (If we know the main character survives, how will we ever believe they're in danger).

One of the nice things about the new web-only Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (which is a "repurposing" of the pilot that SyFy passed on) is that although the main character will show up in the future, there's enough of a "you are there" sense to being involved in the First Cylon War (and which, I have to admit, makes me wish Caprica had been more successful) that I want to see more.

Don't believe me? Here are the first two episodes. More will be forthcoming via this YouTube Channel.



No comments: