January 4, 2013

Kicking Off 2013 In A Feline Way....

Entering 2013, I have a great sense of hope, but with some slightly mixed feelings.

Yesterday, had to help Mom take her cat Smokey (pictured at left) to the vet - long story short, it looks like he has a heart problem, meaning daily meds. As a guy who gives his cat daily meds for her thyroid condition....hoo, boy, I feel for Mom.

But enough about that - here are some highlights and cool goings on from this past week:
  • Definitely catch this week's episode of Zone 4, where we'll be talking about how to break into comics and other creative writing. We'll also be doing a live video Google Hangout on January 11th, so be sure to stay tuned for details!
  •  I will also have some news about a prose project - submitted my draft ahead of deadline, and now waiting for my editor to be assigned and tell me that I use way too many commas and not enough verbs. Things are starting to pick up on the creative front.
  • Two new entries on my Chicago Now blog, One Cause At a Time, with some guidelines for how to contact bloggers and other influencers.
  • Finally, I'm volunteering for a state task force, and we'll be holding our monthly meeting in a few weeks. If you're interested, please RSVP - spaces are limited!

No comments: