July 27, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Online Knockabout

As you can hear on this week's episode of Zone 4, I had the opportunity to review pal Ron's latest comic for Red Bud Studios, I.V. Frost. (It will be released at Pulpfest in early August). Please give the podcast a listen for a more detailed review, but the short form - I liked it.

Thanks to making my publishing debut in Pro Se Productions' Tall Pulp anthology, I now have my own Amazon.com page. Trust me when I say that by this time next year, there will be some other works joining it. (And yes, I will be creating an Amazon store with my editing and writing efforts, so keep an eye on that page - it'll grow. Trust me.)

In other news, I've switched domain hosts (since my previous one was evil, and I am falling in love with my new domain registrar/web hosting site DreamHost) for my personal web site, and I'm creating a web site to develop a freelance consultancy. (Although I'm open to full time work, I also want something in place for the various freelance/consulting opportunities that seem to come my way). If you want to provide feedback on my professional site, please feel free to drop me a line via e-mail. It's a WordPress site, and since I'm honing my mad WP skills, could always use the feedback.

One of the other things that has happened is that, as a south sider, I'm learning about some really cool local initiatives, including a business incubator due east in the Woodlawn neighborhood. For more details (and for a heads-up on a free information session), please check out my blog post for ChicagoNow.

In other news, I will also be working on two other projects - I'm fortunate enough to be running the charity auction for Chicago TARDIS this year, and I'll also be prepping for the Chicago Geek Breakfast on August 14th. It's a nice, casual networking event for those of us who want an alternative to the $25-for-two-drink-tickets style of event prevalent in Chicago. If you're in the area on that day, please stop by and give us a visit - you can RSVP via Eventbrite.

No comments: