February 5, 2016

Farewell to My Feline Brother Chucky

Originally Posted on Facebook


Today was....kind of rough. 

Mom's cat Chucky has been sick for the past week. Barely eating, sleeping a lot....well, Chucky never was an up-and-lively cat. He was more of a quiet, reserved kitty.

Kind of like me as a person. 

When Mom was in and out of the hospital pre-transplant, he would poke his head out when I would visit, see that I was there, and then head off, leaving me to annoy his brother Smokey. 

But today, I took the time to take Mom and Chucky to the vet. Long story short....chances weren't good. 

And Mom and I both had to let go of Chucky. 

Losing pets is relatively new for me - my original high school-era cats had passed while I lived in St. Louis. Smokey got a pre-ending visit, and I was able to be there for Dax. 

And thankfully, I was able to be there for Mom. 

 It's rather ironic - a few days ago, I was accused of being "arrogant" because I suggested that some things weren't worth drama. I'm proud of the fact that I was able to be there for my mom....and my feline brother. 

And if that makes me arrogant, so be it. 

RIP, Chucky. You'll be missed.

No comments: