November 24, 2004

Thank You, Friends!

Taking a page from my pal Brian, well-known blogger/trivia enthusiast/all-around tough guy, I thought I would list all the things I am thankful for today, since this weekend may be not very blogworthy.

In the words of Jackie Gleason, and a-way-y-y-y we go!

  • I get to leave work at 4:00 pm today, and avoid the yucky traffic.
  • My friends, whom I correspond with on a semi-regular basis, and whom I take for granted all too frequently
  • Dax, my cat, because as temperamental as she is, nothing says unconditional acceptance like a cat's purr
  • Logan, my godson, who is a Jedi in training, and who (according to my family) knows who lives in a pineapple under the sea
  • The blogs on my blogroll below, for providing some really cool writing (especially the greatest comics blog in the multiverse)
  • National Novel Writing Month, which has provided me an outlet for this idea I've had since grad school (and I'm 75% completed)
  • DVDs, which have allowed me to engage my fanboyish desires on a budget
  • The Marx Brothers, because without them, I wouldn't be here
  • My family, because as crazy as they get, they're, well, family, and
  • Salma Hayek, my once and future ex-wife.


So, folks, there you have it. Have a wonderful holiday, and remember - only during this time of year is it a good thing to say, "Get stuffed!"

1 comment:

Mikester said...

Thank you, sir!