January 1, 2013

Blog THIS, Pal: 2012 In Review

Yes, friends, you know me well enough that I do this almost every year - I randomly select a blog post from each month in the past year, and do a single post that serves as a "year in review".

You're more than welcome to explore the blog from this post, and no, there's no real reason why I have a link to this pulp comic book cover, except because it's a cool and I can't really find another appropriate graphic.

January - No bonus points offered if you discuss the sublime genius of Artemus Gordon, but please don't let that stop you

February - First, an important announcement - this past Tuesday, I submitted the last pages of a script for a comic

March - Some men buy sports cars, some men date much younger women - I start adapting open source software in a major way

April - In short, we're doomed to repeat history because we're ignoring it. 
May - Because I hate saying goodbye....but if I have to, I'm going to do it as slowly as possible.

June - Depending on who you ask, these Time Lords are either a race of omnipotent superbeings, a politically corrupt race of powermongers, or a bunch of aliens with *way* too much time on their hands.

July - I've had enough philosophy in college to really mess up my thinking, to paraphrase Steve Martin

August - Buy this book. It's the best philosophy-oriented comic on the stands right now, and it's much cheaper than a Jesuit education.

September - Various classic series fans will continue to complain that this isn't their Who...and they'll probably complain that this isn't their Who, either, which is a shame, because it's a damn good story.

October - If wanting her to become a series regular is wrong, I....just don't want to be right

November -  When the end comes, even though we "know" it was inevitable, there is a palpable sense of tragedy, with the feeling that these characters deserved much better than they received

December - In short, this is as close to pulp comic perfection as we're going to get, ladies and gentlemen.

But don't take my word for it - check out the archives. Please feel free to point out your favorite posts in 2012. At the very least, it will establish some high standards for this blog in 2013.

No comments: