August 10, 2013

Gearing Up For A Who-Centric Week

Courtesy BBC Home Entertainment
Here it is, my friends - my weekly summary of various comings and goings in my life, focusing on cool online activities.

I'm gearing up for a big party/screening with the organizers of Geek Bar, which is proving to be a great venue/concept. If you're interested in joining me on Monday night, here are the particulars via Chicago Nerd Social Club.

And speaking of Chicago Nerds, you might want to also check out my recent review of the Green Death: Special Edition DVD release. As always, I would like to thank the great people at BBC Home Entertainment for the opportunity to review some great releases.

And finally, are DC Comics only for 45 year olds? Dan Didio allegedly made this comment to Paul Pope, and Brant, Ron, John and I discuss this deeply profound psychological and philosophical conundrum in the latest episode of the Zone 4 podcast. 

Finally, most of this weekend will be spent avoiding Wizard World, which is somewhat of a shame. Unfortunately, I'm not quite feeling like attending an event that feels like a flea market....but that may be just me.

No comments: