November 10, 2013

Adventures in Editing: ZEPPELIN TALES

First, a special thanks to Rob and Ron at Airship 27 for the opportunity to serve as assistant editor. Not only am I going to put this on my profile, but I'm going to blog about this book because - quite frankly - it's good.

I was fortunate enough to proofread Airship 27's latest release, Zeppelin Tales, which features two stories about airships. Now I have to admit - air pulps are just not my thing. G8 and His Battle Aces - from the little bits I've read - never quite affected me. But I can say that Jim Beard and I.A. Watson's tales well-written...and this is a book you have to read.

Jim Beard gives us "Death Seeds the Clouds", an introductory tale of Tracer Talbot, airship pilot and adventurer par excellence. Fighting off the denizens of a mysterious airship, he finds himself embroiled in extraordinary intrigue. And I.A. Watson's "Airship 27" is a lengthier - but more exotic - tale of flying an airship straight into a parallel realm.

Now, admittedly, this may seem like niche literature...but it's not. In our hyper-cynical times of franchises and mass media, stories like this have a much stronger impact simply because they are so simply told. This is pure reading entertainment, and very well worth your time. It's also available in a variety of formats, and is a great afternoon read. I recommend this book enthusiastically....

Even if I do have an ulterior motive :)

No comments: