December 16, 2017

Net Neutrality and Donna Noble - In the Same Week


Here are two - count them, two - opportunities to catch me live and in person. (Actually, one's in person - one is on terrestrial radio).

First, you've already read about this in Chicago Now's One Cause At A Time, but this Monday from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm I will be making an appearance on Radio Islam on WCEV (1450 AM). We'll be discussing Net Neutrality - obviously, that's a topic near and dear to my heart (if you're following me on Twitter and Facebook), and I'm always happy to advocate for a great cause. (Head to the WCEV site and you can listen via streaming audio) I must admit that I feel like I did back in my St.  Louis community organizer days....and that's not a bad thing. (At the very least, it reminds me of when I discussed Star Trek on WBEZ. Twice in the same year.) I'm dusting off my old media relations materials, taking time to remind myself of the issues, and preparing for a great conversation.

The second one is this Wednesday at Third Coast Comics, where I'll be holding the Christmas with Donna Noble screening for Chicago Doctor Who Meetup. It's good to stay in the fan organizing game...especially since I stepped down from Chicago TARDIS as auction director. (My reasons are a story for another time). Thankfully, although the holidays look bleak....I have some social outlets. (Especially since after the holiday, I'm running a social event before we see the Doctor Who Christmas special on the big screen).

So if you want to see or hear me....now, you have several opportunities.

No comments: