July 31, 2007

An Embarrassingly Gushy Open Note to Gail Simone

Dear Ms. Simone,

First, I apologize for not being around on my blog - my cousin and his daughter flew in from Virginia to visit, and boy are their arms tired.

But anyway, between that and some other stuff, I've been negligent in my comics reading duties. I wanted to congratulate you on becoming the new Wonder Woman writer - let's face it, if anyone can make that book turn around, it's you. Your writing is so many levels of awesome, I don't think I have the vocabulary to express it.

However, it means - sadly - that you're not on Birds of Prey anymore. Of course, I'll always have the trades, but it's not quite the same.

However, Birds of Prey # 108 is - appropriately - a really cool sign-off. If the book were canceled after this issue, it would be an appropriate send-off.

I mean, let's face it, Huntress referring to Catman as "Meatball"? The Spy Smasher/Oracle throwdown? The multipage spread which I want as a poster, like, yesterday? A halfway decent rationale for Green Arrow/Black Canary's impending nuptials? Black Canary being more badass than Batman? And that ending?

Priceless. Simply priceless.

Hopefully, Nicola Scott is staying on as artist - she absolutely rocks. Maybe I'll develop a major crush on her artwork.

But anyway, thanks for the wild ride, and remember: if you need anyone to be "roughed up", or need some professional "enforcers", please let me know, and I'll arrange it. I live in Chicago, now, you know.

However, if the person to be roughed up is Dan DiDio, I'll handle him myself.
Thanks again, and best of luck.

Your pal,
Gordon

1 comment:

Andy Land said...

Can this gal save the Wonder Woman movie? With no Joss Whedon I fear we'll need some professional help.