November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day Thoughts

We live in a tumultuous time - when people are advocating strong beliefs on either side. We also live in a time when people are publicly denouncing the other side because of those beliefs.

However, there's one thing that needs to be said - many brave men and women have fought for our right to disagree.

I say this as a guy with a dog in this fight - both of my grandfathers served in World War 2. I have two friends in St. Louis who also served in the military. My cousin Rick served in the Marines, which automatically makes him cooler than I am.

So today, before you start throwing out insults of others' patriotism, remember - many have been of service to make sure we can disagree.

Just a few thoughts for this Veteran's Day - my weekly summary of activity will happen tomorrow.

No comments: